Welcome to the Flood Zone is a nationally distributed resource for those interested in flood zone issues, land surveying, real estate, history, and educational opportunities. This newsletter has been proudly featured by the Association of State Floodplain Managers, the National Society of Professional Surveyors, and the Maine and New Hampshire Floodplain Management Programs. Please feel free to share with your friends and colleagues!
In this Issue of Welcome to the Flood Zone:
- In the News: “Among the Ruins of Mexico Beach Stands One House, Built ‘for the Big One'”
- Speaking Engagements: November 30 – CEUs for Maine Real Estate Licencees, and December 12 – Breakfast Meeting for Maine Association of Mortgage Professionals
- Resources: What is Mitigation?, Monthly Updates on Floodplain Mapping, and NFIP Publications
- NFIP Guidance: Using Elevation Certificates during a FEMA Flood Map Change and Building Standards for Properties in Different Flood Zones
- Real Estate Corner: “7 Things to Know Before Buying a Home in a Flood Zone”