AFMA Spring Workshop
The annual spring workshop is a mid-year technical supplement for the seasoned floodplain manager and serves as a great introduction to floodplain management for those new to the business. Class workshops cover a variety of topics and typically include the following:
- How to read a flood map.
- Common community floodplain management problems and solutions.
- Floodplain management best practices.
- Ordinance enforcement procedures.
- And much, much more!
Attendees will catch-up on the latest news from FEMA and participate in open discussions about hot topics related to floodplain management.
2019 Spring Workshop
April 25 – 26, 2019
El Dorado, AR
Details coming soon!
The spring workshop provides access to a collective wealth of knowledge and experience that other floodplain management professionals in Arkansas are more than happy to share. If you are new to floodplain management, we highly recommend you participate in this workshop before attending our annual fall conference.
Certified Floodplain Managers (CFM®s)
The spring workshop is an AFMA-approved event that qualifies for the award of continuing education credits (CECs). Up to eight credit hours may be obtained and applied toward the biennial CFM recertification requirement of 16 total credit hours.
Presentations from past workshops:
- Mitigation Grant Funding
- 2015 Spring Workshop-Jacksonville
- 2013 AFMA Spring Workshop – Changes to the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) – Understanding the Biggert-Waters Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2012 (BW12).ppt
- 2013 AFMA Spring Workshop – Floodplains and Endangered Species.ppt
- 2013 AFMA Spring Workshop – Vaughan Hankins Liability 2013 E.ppt
- 2013 AFMA Spring Workshop – CNMS IN ARKANSAS.ppt
- 2013 AFMA Spring Workshop – Arkansas what is my liability 9-23-12 Day one 2nd half.pdf
- 2013 AFMA Spring Workshop – Ed Thomas Day one first half.pdf
- 2013 AFMA Spring Workshop – Ed Thomas Day two first half.pdf
- 2013 AFMA Spring Workshop – DamWatch – ASFPM – Ark 9-26-12.pdf
- 2013 AFMA Spring Workshop – Diana Herrera AFMA.non-compliance.pdf
- 2013 AFMA Spring Workshop – Diana Herrera Basic Floodplain Management.pdf
- 2013 AFMA Spring Workshop – Ed Swaim Water Plan – AFMA 20120925.pdf
- 2013 AFMA Spring Workshop – NFIP Reform AFMA.pdf